Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not in Nebraska

As the title says, I'm not in Nebraska. I was supposed to be- -but circumstances dictated that I cancel my plans to participate in a fundraiser for the Lincoln Community Playhouse, where, in 1987, I was in a production of A Chorus Line. Blame Facebook for putting all of us in touch with each other, well, really blame some diligent organizing by one of my favoritest people evar. I had printed out my boarding pass and was all ready to pack my bags when I got the news.

The article I have in train with a major peer-reviewed journal needed another edit. This being my first publication evar ("evar"is a self-consciously ironic way of spelling ever, and indicates a bit of self-mockery when I use it, mom), and given that I am in the final stages of my dissertation, and I am workshopping another article for submission, I just couldn't get on the plane.

The good news is the article is going to be kick-ass, I think. The copy-editor has made some brilliant suggestions for strengthening it, and I'll let y'all know when it hits newsstands. The bad news is I've had an unhealthy amount of caffeine this weekend. And not enough sleep.

I still managed to get in a swim yesterday and the long run today -- 16 miles, 66 minutes out, 62 minutes back. Probably not the best way to break in new running shoes, but that pink bloodstain over my left big toe is just so CUTE! I can't wait for B to get back from Delaware so I can do my second run later today. Bleargh!

Anyway, I wanted to throw something up here, before I get back to kickin the dissertation. More news as events warrant!


No comments:

Post a Comment